NURSOLOGY

The ying and yang of nursing.

Monday, April 16, 2007

How to be a successful nurse?

What helps you to do the things you want to do as a successful nurse? What helps to motivate you to continually deliver great nursing care? What is the one thing that helps you to achieve the very best patient outcomes? This would be uniquely different for different nurses due to differnt ways of doing, thinking, and values. For me, it is the relationship I have developed with my fellow coworkers. They are open minded, supportive, give useful advice/feedback, and are an endless source of learning opportunities. Everyday I make an effort to develop this relationship by actively listening to other nurses, by being compassionate of other nurses' struggles/hardships, by maintaining a positive attitude no matter what the situation is, and by engaging in teamwork nursing. Now, I know that this is not always possible in the real world of nursing but I think that the ongoing struggle or effort to foster this kind of relationship can only enrich or enhance my nursing practice. What do you think?

2 Comments:

  • At 2:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is a terrific way to let others know their presence in the workplace matters to you. I think some people go to work day after day without ever connecting to those around them.
    Onehealthpro

     
  • At 11:35 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I found a great list of resources for critical care nurses and how we can be successful. It's worth checking out.
    www.NursingJobsCriticalCare.com

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home