NURSOLOGY

The ying and yang of nursing.

Friday, September 11, 2009

Unsung Heros

So I think we can all agree that nursing is a really tough and sometimes stressful job. Day in, day out, we do everything we can with the resources, energy, and time that we have. Much of we do that helps the patient recover or feel more comfortalbe goes unnoticed or unrecognized. Yet we continue to be motivated to go the extra distance for the sake of the patient. I've got to say, once in a while, I do get a "thanks" which is all I need to keep going and remain committed to the patient. The other day, a little thank you note was left for me by a patient I cared for in the recent past. This is more than enough for me to realize that my hard work is worth it in the end. Front line nurses are the true unsung heros of health care! Do you have a story of "thanks" to share?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home